The outdoor balcony privacy screen that gives instant privacy and shade
How Bob solved a shady problem
Bob saw a problem.
Privacy and shade issues were making it tough for people to relax and enjoy the outdoors. Living in apartments with balconies meant accepting all the neighbours can see in, and body corporate rules don’t allow fixed screens. And privacy and harsh morning or afternoon sun was stopping homeowners from creating a private oasis in their backyard. It’s hard to get comfortable in the garden or in a banana lounge by the pool if you feel exposed.
"We purchased two blinds. These were easy to put up and do a great job at providing a screen for privacy and against the western sun in the afternoon. All the fittings look and feel like quality components. Heavy and sturdy, not flimsy. We did have an incomplete part delivered but it was promptly replaced when Lookout was advised. We are very happy with them."
- Kylee Fraser Purchased October 2019
Excellent product, strong and keeps the privacy on my balcony. Highly recommended.
- Chris Brown - Purchased December 2019
I have a Lookout Screen and found it easy to install, it has worked excellently and I would highly recommend. It is very strong and durable
- John Rovera - Purchased December 2019
"Bob went out of his way to retrofit a Lookout Screen for the dimensions of my balcony at no extra charge. It's providing my tenant with a much needed extra level of privacy. It's not total privacy, though. If I was to request anything it would be a thicker material, although I acknowledge that this may be difficult if it's to still have gaps in the weave for the wind to pass through."
- David Hutchinson Purchased June 2020
Just loving the 2 screens purchased for my balcony; sturdy, provides the shade and privacy which has given me an extra room to enjoy. Many thanks to Bob for his great customer service.
- Peta-Anne Shaw Purchased January 2021
Using decades of manufacturing experience and his Aussie ingenuity, Bob invented the Lookout Screen - the easiest, fast set up outdoor privacy screen.
The outdoor balcony privacy screen that transforms your outdoor space
Summer barbecues on the deck, breakfast on the balcony, a sneaky nap by the pool, or enjoying the garden you love. All perfect ways to enjoy your outdoor space.
Spending time outside is part of our Australian culture, but how do you that when you have no privacy, or the sun and heat are just too much? You can build or install a fixed screen, but you might lose your view and the look you’ve created for your outdoor space. If you’re renting, most body corporate rules will stop you from adding any kind of fixed structure.
Bob designed the Lookout Screen to transform your outdoors in a flash and create your own happy place outside.
How the outdoor privacy screen measures up
- 1.8 metres high
- Extends up to 3 metres (or retracts to a length perfect for you)
- Waterproof shade cloth to withstand the weather
- Universal clamps to fit railings, balconies, fences or panels (up to 140mm)
- Powder coated steel clamps for no rust
- Light aluminium frame
- Patented, Australian Innovation Patent No. 2017101773
The outdoor privacy screen you've been looking for
- Original Australian design
- Easy set up. No bolts or screws needed to attach to the property
- Folds down for easy storage or relocating to another property
- Low maintenance material so you can set it and forget it
- Neutral colour
- Easy care